Standard Chartered Bank PR shake-up
LONDON - FTSE 100 group Standard Chartered Bank is losing its director of corporate affairs after seven years, following an in-house PR shake-up.
Tim Halford has announced that he is to leave in July -- a move coinciding with a PR reshuffle that has seen group head of corporate affairs Pam McGann become group head of internal audit.
Head of investor relations Steve Seagrove takes over her top PR role, responsible for a global team of 60 in-house PROs and regional corporate affairs heads. The senior reshuffle was sparked off by new CEO Mervyn Davis.
'I have now worked with three CEOs at Standard Chartered and the new CEO wants and needs his own team to go forward,' said Halford, adding that he was leaving to pursue other interests.
Standard Chartered is not directly replacing Halford, but has split his role. Paul Marriage, group head of corporate affairs for Hong Kong and North East Asia, becomes head of media, while Sue Solomons joins from Diageo where she was internal comms head, and takes the same role at the bank.
HK head of large corporate Ben Hung takes on the role of IR head, while Chris Sykes, assistant regional treasurer for African operations, becomes head of government relations.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London