Reed most likely to acquire Vivendi publishing arm
LONDON - Anglo-Dutch publisher Reed Elsevier has emerged as one of the frontrunners in the race to acquire Vivendi Universal's professional publishing business, which could fetch as much as £1.1bn.
Other potential bidders are believed to include Bertelsmann, VNU and private equity groups Apax, BC Partners and Cinven, which is currently in negotiations to sell IPC to AOL Time Warner.
Vivendi wants to sell the business as a complete unit. Analysts believe the portfolio, which includes construction and agricultural industry magazines, would best suit Reed's stable of business titles.
The bidders have had three weeks to submit their indicative bids to Vivendi before Thursday's deadline.
The sale of the business will help the French media and communications giant to finance its acquisition of US educational publisher Houghton Mifflin, which it is buying for £1.8bn. Vivendi is selling its free classified advertising publications for the same reason.
The titles being sold by Vivendi include: Property Week and The Builder, part of the Builder Group in the UK; and Le Moniteur, the largest construction industry weekly in France.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London