Miller signs £1.5m NME sponsorship deal
LONDON - Miller Brewing has signed a year-long £1.5m sponsorship deal with NME for its Miller Genuine Draft beer.
The integrated marketing deal, which runs from May 2002, encompasses gig guides, live events, a dedicated website, SMS, email, ticket purchasing and advertising. The core elements of the activity will be called "Bring it On", in line with Miller Genuine Draft's advertising proposition.
The signing of the deal follows a major restructure of IPC ignite!'s new advertising sales operation and was brokered by IPC ignite!'s Rachel McFadyen and Graeme Adams at MediaVest.
Jessica Smalley, head of business development for IPC ignite!, said: "It took three months of hard work to secure the deal, but the depth of brand matching that has been achieved is testament to the commitment of all parties to drive the right result."
The Bring it On guide will see IPC produce a monthly 24-page listings guide containing the regional news, reviews and gig listings for up-and-coming bands across the UK. The guide will be distributed monthly with NME (from May 3 for an initial 12-month run) and in bars and stores that stock Miller Genuine Draft.
The online element of Bring it On will see NME.com host a Bring it On microsite with interactive features including a Miller Genuine Draft ticket line, exclusive webcasts and a chat room. The site goes live on May 3.
The event side will see Miller sponsor 12 NME gigs, showcasing breakthrough talent at venues across the country.
The initiatives will be promoted via advertorials in NME and sister IPC publications including Loaded and Uncut and, as part of the agreement, Miller Genuine Draft will also sponsor NME's SMS ticket alert service and receive branding on NME's e-newsletter.
Kirsten Ogilvie, brand manager for Miller Genuine Draft, said: "NME is renowned for identifying the best in cutting-edge music and bringing it to the attention of a wider audience. This partnership with NME will reinforce Miller Genuine Draft's association with 'music with attitude' and nurture grassroots talent as we, quite literally, 'Bring it On' through a number of exciting and innovative collaborations."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1