Edelman expands First&42nd operations
LONDON - Edelman Public Relations Worldwide has expanded the overseas operations of its management consultancy, First&42nd, with the opening of a Frankfurt office.
It has also announced a new CEO for its German operations. He is Volker Klenk, former managing director of the German subsidiary of the Cohn & Wolfe PR network.
He will be joined at Edelman in November by Stephan Hoursch, who was his co-managing director at C&W. The pair are charged with expanding the German operations of Edelman. It currently employs 60 people and has revenues of €7.8m (£4.8m). Klenk replaces Eduard Weber-Bemnet, who leaves at the end of April.
In another move, Charlotte Lester has left her position as head of First&42nd's Mumbai office to become managing director of Edelman Brussels.
The changes are part of an overhaul of Edelman's European operations, overseen by Alison Canning, who was appointed president of international operations in June last year, when she sold First&42nd to the network.
Canning said: "As the largest economy in Europe, strength in Germany is critical to our ambition of becoming a dominant player in the region. Klenk and Hoursch are a well-known and experienced management duo and this move represents a strategic investment for us in an important market where we already have considerable strength."
Edelman is the largest independent PR agency in the world, with 38 offices in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Its worldwide revenue last year was $221m (£154m).
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London