Trinity Mirror to cut 750 jobs
UK newspaper group Trinity Mirror has announced it is to cut 750 jobs over the next three years.
The company, which as well as publishing the Daily Mirror is the UK's largest regional newspaper group, says it is streamlining its newspaper business in an effort to "maximise growth and address current trading conditions".
The cuts represent around 2% of the group's UK workforce.
In a statement, the company said, "The current cost saving initiatives should mitigate part of the profit shortfall arising from the difficult advertising market."
Trinity Mirror also publishes the Sunday Mirror, the Racing Post, and the Daily Record and Sunday Mail in Scotland.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London