ebookers ends £15m AOL advertising deal
LONDON - ebookers.com has ended an online advertising deal, one of the largest single deals signed to date, with AOL Europe because of poor results.
The estimated £15m deal, signed only last year, was to make the online travel booking service the main advertiser on AOL Europe's site.
ebookers says it is cutting its online advertising budget in an effort to reach early profitability.
The deal was designed to reflect ebookers pan-European aspirations, but it has failed to deliver the customers for the firm.
A spokesman for the firm said that the strategy was now to win customers offline and to encourage them to buy online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon
- Senior Digital Buyer Lipton Fleming £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £20000 - £26000 per annum, Greater Manchester