ebookers ends £15m AOL advertising deal
LONDON - ebookers.com has ended an online advertising deal, one of the largest single deals signed to date, with AOL Europe because of poor results.
The estimated £15m deal, signed only last year, was to make the online travel booking service the main advertiser on AOL Europe's site.
ebookers says it is cutting its online advertising budget in an effort to reach early profitability.
The deal was designed to reflect ebookers pan-European aspirations, but it has failed to deliver the customers for the firm.
A spokesman for the firm said that the strategy was now to win customers offline and to encourage them to buy online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire