ebookers ends £15m AOL advertising deal
LONDON - ebookers.com has ended an online advertising deal, one of the largest single deals signed to date, with AOL Europe because of poor results.
The estimated £15m deal, signed only last year, was to make the online travel booking service the main advertiser on AOL Europe's site.
ebookers says it is cutting its online advertising budget in an effort to reach early profitability.
The deal was designed to reflect ebookers pan-European aspirations, but it has failed to deliver the customers for the firm.
A spokesman for the firm said that the strategy was now to win customers offline and to encourage them to buy online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London