ebookers ends £15m AOL advertising deal
LONDON - ebookers.com has ended an online advertising deal, one of the largest single deals signed to date, with AOL Europe because of poor results.
The estimated £15m deal, signed only last year, was to make the online travel booking service the main advertiser on AOL Europe's site.
ebookers says it is cutting its online advertising budget in an effort to reach early profitability.
The deal was designed to reflect ebookers pan-European aspirations, but it has failed to deliver the customers for the firm.
A spokesman for the firm said that the strategy was now to win customers offline and to encourage them to buy online.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Business Development Manager Skew Studio Basic £20-26K PRO RATA + Uncapped OTE, Shoreditch