IBM consolidates $40m global PR account
NEW YORK - IBM has consolidated its $40m (£28.1m) global public relations account into One Blue, a network of Omnicom Group agencies Text 100 and Magnet.
The consolidation sees a dramatic cut in the IBM roster after a review that involved more than 50 agencies.
The New York-based One Blue includes Ketchum, Brodeur and Fleishman-Hillard and will handle the technology giant's consumer PR. This will include global services, financing, and sales and distribution.
With offices in New York and San Francisco, Magnet will handle IBM's technology and research PR business.
London-based Text 100, which also has offices in New York and San Francisco, will handle the product side of the business.
Earlier this year, IBM dramatically cut the fee spend on its account with Ogilvy PR Worldwide in London, from over £500,000 in 1998 to just over £100,000 this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London