IBM consolidates $40m global PR account
NEW YORK - IBM has consolidated its $40m (£28.1m) global public relations account into One Blue, a network of Omnicom Group agencies Text 100 and Magnet.
The consolidation sees a dramatic cut in the IBM roster after a review that involved more than 50 agencies.
The New York-based One Blue includes Ketchum, Brodeur and Fleishman-Hillard and will handle the technology giant's consumer PR. This will include global services, financing, and sales and distribution.
With offices in New York and San Francisco, Magnet will handle IBM's technology and research PR business.
London-based Text 100, which also has offices in New York and San Francisco, will handle the product side of the business.
Earlier this year, IBM dramatically cut the fee spend on its account with Ogilvy PR Worldwide in London, from over £500,000 in 1998 to just over £100,000 this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager - Consumer Electronics Jarlett de Grouchy negotiable, West Sussex
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - HERTFORDSHIRE - £28-35K Salt £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits Package, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Executive - Abingdon Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Business Development Executive, London,£35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)