IBM consolidates $40m global PR account
NEW YORK - IBM has consolidated its $40m (£28.1m) global public relations account into One Blue, a network of Omnicom Group agencies Text 100 and Magnet.
The consolidation sees a dramatic cut in the IBM roster after a review that involved more than 50 agencies.
The New York-based One Blue includes Ketchum, Brodeur and Fleishman-Hillard and will handle the technology giant's consumer PR. This will include global services, financing, and sales and distribution.
With offices in New York and San Francisco, Magnet will handle IBM's technology and research PR business.
London-based Text 100, which also has offices in New York and San Francisco, will handle the product side of the business.
Earlier this year, IBM dramatically cut the fee spend on its account with Ogilvy PR Worldwide in London, from over £500,000 in 1998 to just over £100,000 this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London