02 readies for £130m May Day rebranding push across Europe
LONDON - The long-awaited rebranding of former BT mobile phone network BT Cellnet as 02, will kick off for real on May 1 in a £130m campaign as part of a pan-European push.
BT Cellnet, now part of mmO2, will be transformed into O2 along with its counterparts, European brands Viag Interkom in Germany, Telfort Mobiel in the Netherlands and Digifone in Ireland.
The rebranding is being supported by a pan-European advertising campaign, which began to build on April 16 with a series of teaser poster and TV executions across all four countries.
The main launch campaign will run from May 1 and has been developed by advertising start-up Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, working alongside brand consultancy Lambie Nairn, which created the O2 brand identity, and media buyer PHD.
MmO2 also owns operates Manx Telecom on the Isle of Man and mobile internet portal Genie. On completion of the rebranding, O2's network will have access to a potential 160m customers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)