WPP's Sorrell shortlisted for top communications award
LONDON - WPP Group CEO Sir Martin Sorrell has been shortlisted alongside other UK business leaders for the Public Relations Consultants Association top business communicator award.
Sir Martin joins a list of 10 high-profile business people from industries as varied as telecoms, sport and air travel, in a shortlist published in this week's The Business, formerly Sunday Business.
The award aims to demonstrate the difference PR can make in building corporate reputation by selecting the CEO of the company that best uses PR to benefit their operation.
The winner will be presented with the award at the PRCA annual conference, which this year has the title "Smart Strategies for Today's Challenges" and takes place on May 9 2002 at the QEII Centre in London.
The awards will be judged by a panel including: Dr Tom Watson, managing director of Hallmark PR and PRCA chairman; Lord Bell, chairman of Chime Communications; Simon Lewis, managing director Europe of Centrica; ITV presenter and journalist Andrew Harvey; and Mathew Guarante, associate editor of The Business.
Sir Martin is competing against UK CEOs such as Chris Gent of Vodafone, Luc Vandervelde of Marks & Spencer, Stelios Haji-Ioannou of Easyjet and Manchester United's Peter Erskine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 per annum, Hereford and Worcester
- Category Manager Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum + car, East Midlands
- Head of Insight Stopgap £80000 - £85000 per annum, London