WPP's Sorrell shortlisted for top communications award
LONDON - WPP Group CEO Sir Martin Sorrell has been shortlisted alongside other UK business leaders for the Public Relations Consultants Association top business communicator award.
Sir Martin joins a list of 10 high-profile business people from industries as varied as telecoms, sport and air travel, in a shortlist published in this week's The Business, formerly Sunday Business.
The award aims to demonstrate the difference PR can make in building corporate reputation by selecting the CEO of the company that best uses PR to benefit their operation.
The winner will be presented with the award at the PRCA annual conference, which this year has the title "Smart Strategies for Today's Challenges" and takes place on May 9 2002 at the QEII Centre in London.
The awards will be judged by a panel including: Dr Tom Watson, managing director of Hallmark PR and PRCA chairman; Lord Bell, chairman of Chime Communications; Simon Lewis, managing director Europe of Centrica; ITV presenter and journalist Andrew Harvey; and Mathew Guarante, associate editor of The Business.
Sir Martin is competing against UK CEOs such as Chris Gent of Vodafone, Luc Vandervelde of Marks & Spencer, Stelios Haji-Ioannou of Easyjet and Manchester United's Peter Erskine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London