BBC challenges business sites with launch
LONDON - On the day FT.com begins charging for content, the BBC is unveiling a major new business website, which pulls together all the business and personal finance news and information the public service broadcaster offers online.
The bbc.co.uk/business portal is aiming to be the first port of call for investors, savers and those interested in general business news. The site is part of BBCi, the corporation's online presence, which rebranded in November.
BBC Business includes live feeds from the business pages of BBC News Online, as well as a comprehensive guide to all the BBC's business programmes on TV and radio.
TV shows such as news bulletins, consumer finance shows -- including 'Watchdog' and 'Your Money or Your Life' -- and entertainment programmes about business such as 'Back to the Floor' and 'Trouble at the Top', will be flagged up on the site.
The site targets investors, savers and anyone interested in the world of business and work, and by bringing all the content together aims to make it easier for its online audience to find what it is looking for.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham