BSkyB could pull channels from ITV Digital
LONDON - ITV Digital suppliers including BSkyB could stop providing services to the digital terrestrial broadcaster today if its administrator Deloitte & Touche does not find a credible buyer for the company.
Yesterday, it was reported that Deloitte had received as many as 60 expressions of interest in the business. At least one was thought to have been from a Microsoft-backed consortium, which might also include BT.
This morning, it emerged that as few as two of the offers may turn out to have any substance. If they do not turn into anything and suppliers such as BSkyB refuse to supply ITV Digital any longer, the company could be put into liquidation as early as this afternoon.
BSkyB, along with other suppliers to the broadcaster, agreed last week when ITV Digital was officially put up for sale that it would provide services, including Sky One, premium movie and sport channels, free of charge until it met with Deloitte today.
A spokesman for BSkyB said today that it expects to hear some time today whether or not Deloitte had found a credible buyer for the company.
If Deloitte fails to convince BSkyB that it has found a buyer for ITV Digital that will ensure the broadcaster's future, the News Corporation-owned satellite broadcaster will pull its services later today.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire