Ribena launches £10m health and
LONDON - Ribena, GlaxoSmithKline's leading drinks brand, is launching a £10m national advertising campaign tomorrow, promoting the vitamin C that the drink provides while drawing on the brand's 64-year history.
The campaign, created by Grey Worldwide, London, comprises five TV and cinema executions and four posters. All run with the tagline "Rich in vitamin C, rich in memories".
Two 30-second TV and cinema commercials feature parents who temporarily join their children's worlds when the music slows for a "Ribena moment" and the parent reflects on a similar snapshot of their own childhood.
Another execution, called "mudpie", shows a father being interrupted by his children while he is in the middle of DIY to join their tea party. His son pours some Ribena into his cup so he can drink convincingly from the previously empty tea-set tea-cup.
However, he is less fortunate when his daughter dollops a fresh lump of mud on to his tea-set plate and tells him to "eat it all up".
The final TV execution is called "tooth fairy" and shows a young girl storm into the kitchen and slam down a broken magic wand on the table saying: "Ollie's so nasty... it broke when I bashed him with it!"
Her mother pours her a glass of Ribena Toothkind and suggests to her daughter that she becomes a tooth fairy instead. To this, the girl replies: "I only have to be kind to his teeth though, don't I?"
Helen Gorman, marketing category director for Ribena, said: "Ribena has played a central role in the parent and child relationship for many years. The new campaign creative idea 'Ribena -- rich in vitamin C, rich in memories' powerfully captures the emotional role Ribena plays in family life and will build Ribena family memories for the future."
The TV was directed by Matt Lacasso through Upstart and print work was photographed by Richard Bailey. The TV and press ads were devised by art director Kevin Ferry and copywriter Kevin Morris. The press ads were overseen by head of art Barry Brand.
Media planning and buying was by MediaCom.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Presentation Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London