Miles Calcraft wins Inland Revenue task
LONDON - Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy has been appointed by the Inland Revenue to handle its self-assessment awareness campaign, winning the account from incumbent D'Arcy.
Miles Calcraft won the business following a pitch, which also included Lowe & Partners and Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters. The media business was won by Optimedia, following a pitch against Zenith, PHD and Mediaedge:CIA. The media had been handled by D'Arcy media agency MediaVest.
The appointment for the creative task indicates the Inland Revenue's intention to extend the existing campaign into more of a long-term project.
"The previous self-assessment campaign was always intended to be short term, but this new appointment provides the opportunity for a more long-term and strategic approach around the Inland Revenue's core purpose," according to a statement from the Revenue office.
The new campaign will follow last year's ads created by D'Arcy for the Inland Revenue's self-assessment campaign. Marketing magazine readers voted those TV spots, featuring 'Father Ted's Mrs Doyle, the most irritating of 2001.
Prior to that, the campaign featured the cartoon character Hector the tax collector.
This is the first time that Miles Calcraft, whose clients include Dyson, P&O Cruises and Thorntons, has worked on a task for the Inland Revenue.
D'Arcy won the estimated £3m brief last June.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London