ITV Digital to pull plug on pay channels tonight unless buyer is found
LONDON - All pay-TV services on terrestrial digital broadcaster ITV Digital will cease at midnight tonight as reports emerge that the company is to go into liquidation unless a last minute deal is struck with a potential buyer.
ITV Digital administrator Deloitte & Touche is understood to have spoken to all the broadcasters suppliers including channel providers such as MTV, UKTV and BSkyB.
Sources at ITV Digital said that Deloitte needs to close the company tonight as leaving it any longer will mean that staff have to be paid two weeks wages in advance tomorrow.
Deloitte has so far declined to issue a clarification, but it has confirmed that a statement will be released by 5pm this evening.
Once ITV Digital has gone into liquidation only a handful of free-to-air channels, largely provided by the UK's terrestrial broadcasters, will remain.
They include BBC Choice, BBC4, CBeebies, CBBC Digital, News 24, ITN News, ITV2 and shopping channels like QVC.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton