Revolution Asia reacts to market downturn
HONG KONG - Revolution Asia, the monthly magazine for new-media marketers and the digital community, has had to reduce issue sizes and cut staff because of the advertising downturn.
The magazine will be distributed with sister title Media from October.
Tim Waldron, managing director of Haymarket's Asian business publishing interests, said: "This is a direct result of the current economic slowdown, which has particularly affected media owners and the IT and dotcom sectors.
"By distributing Revolution with Media, we are keeping the Revolution brand alive in Asia and expect that, when the market shows signs of recovery, Revolution can once again be published on its own," he said.
Two staff were made redundant from Revolution Asia, but editorial director Richard Lord and regional sales director Steve Bruce, who worked at group level, have also been made redundant.
"We deeply regret that we have been unable to find new roles for everyone," Waldron added.
Rachel Oliver continues as editor of Revolution but will also be deputy editor of PR Week in Hong Kong. Also remaining are Sam Hobbs, advertisement director of Revolution and Media, and Stuart Adamson, advertisement manager of both titles.
Andy Bridge continues as group publishing director. The first Revolution to be distributed with Media will appear on September 28 and will include the Revolution Awards book of the night.
Earlier this year, Haymarket suspended publication of Revolution magazine in the US following the onslaught of the advertising downturn.
Revolution Asia is published by SCMP Haymarket Publishing and is a sister title to Brand Republic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City
- Head of Paid Search / Biddable - Full-Service Agency silverdrum £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits, London