Revolution Asia reacts to market downturn
HONG KONG - Revolution Asia, the monthly magazine for new-media marketers and the digital community, has had to reduce issue sizes and cut staff because of the advertising downturn.
The magazine will be distributed with sister title Media from October.
Tim Waldron, managing director of Haymarket's Asian business publishing interests, said: "This is a direct result of the current economic slowdown, which has particularly affected media owners and the IT and dotcom sectors.
"By distributing Revolution with Media, we are keeping the Revolution brand alive in Asia and expect that, when the market shows signs of recovery, Revolution can once again be published on its own," he said.
Two staff were made redundant from Revolution Asia, but editorial director Richard Lord and regional sales director Steve Bruce, who worked at group level, have also been made redundant.
"We deeply regret that we have been unable to find new roles for everyone," Waldron added.
Rachel Oliver continues as editor of Revolution but will also be deputy editor of PR Week in Hong Kong. Also remaining are Sam Hobbs, advertisement director of Revolution and Media, and Stuart Adamson, advertisement manager of both titles.
Andy Bridge continues as group publishing director. The first Revolution to be distributed with Media will appear on September 28 and will include the Revolution Awards book of the night.
Earlier this year, Haymarket suspended publication of Revolution magazine in the US following the onslaught of the advertising downturn.
Revolution Asia is published by SCMP Haymarket Publishing and is a sister title to Brand Republic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London