Toyota agrees £80m ITV sponsorship deal
LONDON - ITV and Toyota have agreed on a four-year sponsorship package worth £80m for the network's coverage of Formula 1 motor racing, starting next season in April 2002.
The deal covers sponsorship, worth £25m, and advertising, and will include the ITV-F1 website and promotions through other media.
Toyota saw off competition from Foster's, the Australian lager brand, to win the rights to sponsor all 17 races of the season, along with qualifying sessions and highlights programmes.
The deal comes as Toyota prepares to launch its own Formula 1 team next year.
It is a lifeline for ITV, which is suffering more than other terrestrial networks as advertising sales slump. Reports say that ITV's ad revenues are expected to have fallen by 14.5% since the beginning of the year, against an industry average of 9.5%.
Granada and Carlton Communications, the two ITV network companies, have seen their share prices fall dramatically this year. Carlton faces expulsion from the FTSE 100 this week.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London