Samsung launches $200m global campaign
NEW YORK - Samsung has launched a $200m (£140m) global advertising campaign to position itself as a leader in digital convergence.
The campaign was created by Foote, Cone & Belding, New York and is entitled "DigitAll Experience". It promotes Samsung's range of digital products, and covers broadcast and print. The campaign breaks in the US this week and will also appear in Europe, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
Samsung hopes that the campaign will show consumers how digital products can help make their lives more enjoyable. Among the products being promoted are Samsung's internet refrigerator and colour-screen mobile phones.
"Many consumers think of digital technology as an elite experience that's inaccessible to them. Samsung prides itself on developing revolutionary technology that meets everyone's needs -- business or personal," Eric Kim, executive vice-president of global marketing operations for Samsung, said.
The company plans to invest more than $900m in its global marketing efforts in 2002, a 21% increase on last year. Samsung undertook its first global marketing campaign last year and saw brand awareness in the US increase from 56.4% to 74.1% as a result.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1