Worldpop to launch Liberty
LONDON - Liberty, the pop group formed from the runners-up in the ITV show Popstars, are to launch an online blitz with Worldpop to back the launch of their first single.
The group, which signed to Richard Branson's V2 label, are working with youth and music entertainment specialist Worldpop. The launch campaign will comprise mailshots, teaser and reveal emails, mobile text messages, an interactive Liberty hotline and a dedicated Liberty forum and microsite on Worldpop.com.
Worldpop will be introducing a brand new area of viral marketing to the campaign, using a 1,000+ "e-team" of Liberty fans to help spread the word. The e-team will be individually selected from replies to a teaser email offering free ringtones and mobile logos of the band.
Liberty's first single Thinking It Over is out on September 24 and is being hotly tipped to take the number one spot.
The campaign kicks off starts with Worldpop hosting a webcast of an invite-only Liberty showcase and follows with the launch of the interactive hotline.
Pier Reid, marketing manager at V2, said, "We are very happy about working with Worldpop on this new and exciting area of interactive marketing. Building a real fan base and actually involving them in breaking the artist is a very powerful tool for both online and offline promotion."
Dan Avener, head of marketing at Worldpop, said, "We are delighted to have been chosen by V2 to help with the launch of Liberty. Our audience is equally as happy at being asked to play such a pivotal role in launching the new group through the e-team. This campaign gives us a great opportunity to show all the skills and expertise at Worldpop working in unity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Luxury | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)