Pepsi consolidates business into Omnicom
LONDON - Drinks giant PepsiCo is to consolidate its advertising business into Omnicom in an attempt to make cost savings from its recent acquisition of Quaker Oats and to distance its advertising from its fizzy drinks rival Coca Cola.
The move follows Interpublic's acquisition of Foot Cone and Belding last year. FCB holds part of the Pepsi account, the bulk of which is handled by Omnicom. Interpublic has the $2bn Coca Cola account.
Pepsi said the move was designed to help "remove $400m in synergies" from its acquisition of Quaker Oats.
The business will include work for some of the Quaker Oats brands, such as Quaker Oatmeal, as well as fruit juice brand Tropicana and Pepsi's fizzy drink.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire