Pepsi consolidates business into Omnicom
LONDON - Drinks giant PepsiCo is to consolidate its advertising business into Omnicom in an attempt to make cost savings from its recent acquisition of Quaker Oats and to distance its advertising from its fizzy drinks rival Coca Cola.
The move follows Interpublic's acquisition of Foot Cone and Belding last year. FCB holds part of the Pepsi account, the bulk of which is handled by Omnicom. Interpublic has the $2bn Coca Cola account.
Pepsi said the move was designed to help "remove $400m in synergies" from its acquisition of Quaker Oats.
The business will include work for some of the Quaker Oats brands, such as Quaker Oatmeal, as well as fruit juice brand Tropicana and Pepsi's fizzy drink.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London