Boots moves into cosmetic surgery on the high street with Botox injections
LONDON - Boots the Chemist is branching out from selling cosmetics to selling cosmetic surgery, as it unveils plans to offer 'rejuvenating treatments', including Botox injections, at four of its stores from today.
Two stores in London, one in Milton Keynes and one in Manchester will offer shoppers Botox injections for £200 and lip enhancements from £230, according to reports.
Those interested will receive a 40-minute consultation from a doctor and, if they are suitable, can receive the injection on the spot. Botox paralyses the muscles that create wrinkles, giving a smoother appearance to the skin.
However, the growth of the availability of Botox injections is raising concerns among medical professionals, who say that unqualified staff sometimes offer the treatments. Some hairdressers and beauty clinics have started offering the injections.
Stephen Boothroyd, head of new service development at Boots, said: "We have invested a lot of time and resources to be absolutely sure that we can offer these services in a way that meets our rigorous professional standards."
Boots plans to see how the service goes before deciding whether to expand it to other stores.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire