Deepgroup CEO resurfaces
at North Creative
LONDON - Gary Lockton, founder and CEO of the defunct Deepgroup, has been hired as the CEO of internet agency North Creative.
Deepgroup folded this week, with the loss of 180 jobs. It owned brands such as Deepend, the internet brand-planning agency, Airtight, a digital consultancy, and creative agency Gluemedia.
In his new role Lockton is expected to oversee new business development. North Creative is also expected to employ a number of staff from Poolside.
Lockton was not available for comment at the time of writing. A staff member at North Creative said, "All the bigwigs are out at lunch, it's just the humble creatives here," when asked if anyone could comment on Lockton's appointment.
The staff member suggested calling back after 4pm.
North Creative is owned by Miracle Media Group, which also owns the audio-visual agency Picture, Production Company, and Premier PR.
Miracle Media is also the company that Mark Robinson, the former J Walter Thompson marketing director, joined as managing director.
Redundancy rumours first surfaced about Deepend a fortnight ago, but at the time Lockton said, "We're holding together pretty well. Currently, we're not making any lay-offs."
North Creative is a Soho-based web design agency, which was launched a year ago.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London