Burson-Marsteller goes on hiring spree
LONDON - Burson-Marsteller, the fourth-largest PR network in the world, is looking for 15 new staff in its London office less than a year after it made 13 staff redundant.
The agency says the drive, the single largest one it has undertaken in three years, is because of renewed confidence and recent client wins. B-M, part of the WPP Group, plans to hire 15 staff over the next three months at a mid to senior level.
In December 2000, the agency, under UK CEO Allan Biggar, made 15 senior staff redundant, losing many directors from the top-heavy management structure. Then, in August 2001, a further 13 staff were made redundant, reducing the headcount to 162.
Biggar said: "This is the single biggest investment the agency has made in staff for years. We are recruiting in all practices at all levels, but particularly at the manager and director level following a number of important wins and the need for new account management."
At the same time, B-M announced the appointment of Ellen Sarewitz as a director in the agency's healthcare practice. She will take responsibility for the Merck KgaA account, and has previously worked at the PR agencies Ruder Finn and Edelman Public Relations Worldwide.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)