Carling drives music site with 'VIP' mailing
LONDON - Lager brand Carling is supporting its push to associate itself with the music industry with a direct marketing campaign aimed at driving people to its website Carlinglive.com.
Carlinglive.com replaces its quarterly magazine Club Carling, which went out to 300,000 readers.
The campaign, through WWAV Rapp Collins, will be executed in two moves. The first will target 120,000 members in its core target age group. These will get the red carpet treatment -- a direct marketing pack with a piece of red carpet with their personal VIP code for access to the website.
The remaining 180,000 members will receive a teaser mailing. This will contain a bag of burnt pages and carry the strapline "Too hot to print". It will also provide them with a VIP code to the website.
Once recipients log in to Carlinglive.com, they will automatically be entered into a competition to win tickets to the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals taking place on August Bank Holiday weekend, or Virgin music vouchers.
Jonathan Fair, head of relationship marketing at Carlinglive.com, said: "This is a very exciting period for us. Complementing our activities in football with music will enable us to appeal to a much wider audience. We look forward to bringing music back to the people and making it more accessible to everyone."
WWAV's brief encompasses the existing data capture strategy, as well as developing innovative ideas for the future. Development of a CRM programme is under way to continue to drive traffic to the website and promote Carling's association with popular music.
The campaign was art directed by Paul Beier and written by Jeremy Golding.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Mid-Weight Creative Designers / Graphic Designers Guru Careers £30k, Based in Brighton, East Sussex (BN1) - Commutable from Hove, Portslade, Worthing, Eastbourne.