Carling drives music site with 'VIP' mailing
LONDON - Lager brand Carling is supporting its push to associate itself with the music industry with a direct marketing campaign aimed at driving people to its website Carlinglive.com.
Carlinglive.com replaces its quarterly magazine Club Carling, which went out to 300,000 readers.
The campaign, through WWAV Rapp Collins, will be executed in two moves. The first will target 120,000 members in its core target age group. These will get the red carpet treatment -- a direct marketing pack with a piece of red carpet with their personal VIP code for access to the website.
The remaining 180,000 members will receive a teaser mailing. This will contain a bag of burnt pages and carry the strapline "Too hot to print". It will also provide them with a VIP code to the website.
Once recipients log in to Carlinglive.com, they will automatically be entered into a competition to win tickets to the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals taking place on August Bank Holiday weekend, or Virgin music vouchers.
Jonathan Fair, head of relationship marketing at Carlinglive.com, said: "This is a very exciting period for us. Complementing our activities in football with music will enable us to appeal to a much wider audience. We look forward to bringing music back to the people and making it more accessible to everyone."
WWAV's brief encompasses the existing data capture strategy, as well as developing innovative ideas for the future. Development of a CRM programme is under way to continue to drive traffic to the website and promote Carling's association with popular music.
The campaign was art directed by Paul Beier and written by Jeremy Golding.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire