Grolsch launches first new beer brand after 375 years of brewing
LONDON - Grolsch, the Dutch brewer, has launched its first new brand in its 375-year history with the launch of its Zinniz range of drinks.
The brewer is branching out into what it describes as "fresh beers" with the Zinniz brand. It is being launched in the Netherlands this month, backed by a television advertising campaign created by Lowe & Partners. A launch is also mooted for Belgium, with Grolsch waiting to see how successful it is before deciding on a further international rollout.
Zinniz comes in three flavours: orange twist, tropical red and crispy lime. The drink is brewed in the same way as beer, but with fruit-based ingredients, giving it a fresh taste. Dutch design agency DJPA designed the logo and the packaging, which features an endorsement from Grolsch on the back of the bottle.
Grolsch hopes the drink will appeal to beer drinkers looking for a sweeter drink and to those who do not traditionally drink beer.
Luc Putmans, marketing director at Grolsch, said: "Zinniz is a new direction for us, significantly expanding the appeal of our products. It is a unique product with unique positioning, which will appeal to a young generation of aspiring drinkers."
Research shows that consumers are drawn to sweeter flavours generally, and brewers and distillers are responding to this with new, sweeter products. The ready-to-drink category has boomed lately, with launches such as Smirnoff Ice and Captain Morgan Gold.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London