Financial Times creates worldwide advertising director post
LONDON - The Financial Times has promoted David Walsh from his UK job to the new position of worldwide advertisement director to reflect the paper's desire to expand globally.
Walsh has been the UK advertisement director at the FT since he joined in 1999. The creation of the new role is part of the paper's continued development of a global management structure for its online and offline advertising operations.
Walsh will continue to report to FT managing director Olivier Fleurot and he will also work closely with the FT's regional directors in the US, UK, EMEA and Asia Pacific. The new position gives him responsibility for online and offline advertising sales across all regions.
He is to be replaced in his UK role by Claire Payne, the former commercial director of FT.com. Payne joined the FT in 1998 as client sales manager for the newspaper. She was promoted to commercial director of FT.com in June 2001.
Payne will be responsible for all aspects of print and online advertising sales in the UK region. She will report to UK director Sach Leonard and work closely with Walsh as part of the worldwide sales management team.
Walsh said: "Over two years ago, we were one of the first publishers to create an integrated print and online sales team. This new structure is the next step in developing a truly flexible, multichannel advertising sales force worldwide. It ensures that we can continue to create outstanding opportunities for our advertisers, whether in print, online, in one market or internationally."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London