NTL names former UN diplomat as
corporate communications chief
LONDON - NTL has appointed Tim Ryan, a former UN diplomat, to the newly created post of director of corporate communications.
Ryan will oversee the cable operator's communications strategy, public and regulatory affairs, as well as its internal communications.
He joins from drug delivery firm Skyepharma, where was director of corporate communications, a post he has held since 1998 after being headhunted to run the investor relations department in 1995.
The appointment of a corporate communications director has been instigated by the restructuring of the communications division under the new leadership of managing director Stephen Carter.
Ryan spent seven years in the Australian Army before becoming a United Nations diplomat in 1989. In 1991, he moved to the UK to set up a public affairs consultancy for the transport and aerospace sector with clients such as British Aerospace and Lockheed Martin.
Carter said, "Tim's appointment demonstrates our ongoing commitment to strengthen the UK management team. NTL is going through a period of rapid change and Tim's proven track record in this field will help us achieve our objectives."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1