NTL names former UN diplomat as
corporate communications chief
LONDON - NTL has appointed Tim Ryan, a former UN diplomat, to the newly created post of director of corporate communications.
Ryan will oversee the cable operator's communications strategy, public and regulatory affairs, as well as its internal communications.
He joins from drug delivery firm Skyepharma, where was director of corporate communications, a post he has held since 1998 after being headhunted to run the investor relations department in 1995.
The appointment of a corporate communications director has been instigated by the restructuring of the communications division under the new leadership of managing director Stephen Carter.
Ryan spent seven years in the Australian Army before becoming a United Nations diplomat in 1989. In 1991, he moved to the UK to set up a public affairs consultancy for the transport and aerospace sector with clients such as British Aerospace and Lockheed Martin.
Carter said, "Tim's appointment demonstrates our ongoing commitment to strengthen the UK management team. NTL is going through a period of rapid change and Tim's proven track record in this field will help us achieve our objectives."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London