NTL names former UN diplomat as
corporate communications chief
LONDON - NTL has appointed Tim Ryan, a former UN diplomat, to the newly created post of director of corporate communications.
Ryan will oversee the cable operator's communications strategy, public and regulatory affairs, as well as its internal communications.
He joins from drug delivery firm Skyepharma, where was director of corporate communications, a post he has held since 1998 after being headhunted to run the investor relations department in 1995.
The appointment of a corporate communications director has been instigated by the restructuring of the communications division under the new leadership of managing director Stephen Carter.
Ryan spent seven years in the Australian Army before becoming a United Nations diplomat in 1989. In 1991, he moved to the UK to set up a public affairs consultancy for the transport and aerospace sector with clients such as British Aerospace and Lockheed Martin.
Carter said, "Tim's appointment demonstrates our ongoing commitment to strengthen the UK management team. NTL is going through a period of rapid change and Tim's proven track record in this field will help us achieve our objectives."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)