Carlton Food Network to close
LONDON - Carlton Communications plans to disband its niche food channel Carlton Food Network by the end of the year.
The news comes following the closure of the Taste Network, a joint venture between Carlton and Sainsbury's, in August.
The broadcaster has blamed falling advertising revenues for the decision. "Carlton Food Network, in common with many specialist niche channels, has experienced weaker-than-expected advertising and e-commerce revenues," Matthew Kearney, director of business development at Carlton, said.
Carlton's share price -- already buoyed by rumours it is to seek a way out of its loss-making ITV Digital investment -- rose in early morning trading by 5.9% to 193.75p.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham