Net income rises 8% at Omnicom
NEW YORK - Omnicom has showed a third-quarter rise in net income of 8%, up from $85.7m (£60.3m) to $92.4m (£65m).
The media services giant, owner of advertising agencies BBDO Worldwide and TBWA\ and the Porter Novelli PR brand, recorded an increase in worldwide revenue of 8%. It grew from $1.5bn (£1.06bn) for the quarter ending September 30 last year to $1.6bn (£1.13bn) for the same period this year.
In the US, revenue increased by more than that -- it was up 16% to $339m (£239m).
Omnicom, headed by president and CEO John Wren, benefited from the timely sale of its stake in new-media consultancy Razorfish. It sold the company and made an after-tax gain of $63.8m (£44.9m). Razorfish has since closed offices in Europe and is struggling with losses.
The group said earnings per share increased by 4% to $0.50 (35p), up from $0.48 (34p) last year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London