Net income rises 8% at Omnicom
NEW YORK - Omnicom has showed a third-quarter rise in net income of 8%, up from $85.7m (£60.3m) to $92.4m (£65m).
The media services giant, owner of advertising agencies BBDO Worldwide and TBWA\ and the Porter Novelli PR brand, recorded an increase in worldwide revenue of 8%. It grew from $1.5bn (£1.06bn) for the quarter ending September 30 last year to $1.6bn (£1.13bn) for the same period this year.
In the US, revenue increased by more than that -- it was up 16% to $339m (£239m).
Omnicom, headed by president and CEO John Wren, benefited from the timely sale of its stake in new-media consultancy Razorfish. It sold the company and made an after-tax gain of $63.8m (£44.9m). Razorfish has since closed offices in Europe and is struggling with losses.
The group said earnings per share increased by 4% to $0.50 (35p), up from $0.48 (34p) last year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Experiential for Urban Sports / Streetwear Brand Rocket Recruitment £34,000 - 38,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Account / Client Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Southwark, London (Greater)
- Web Content Executive/SEO - Great Client-side Opportunity! ADLIB up to £30K, Dorset