Net income rises 8% at Omnicom
NEW YORK - Omnicom has showed a third-quarter rise in net income of 8%, up from $85.7m (£60.3m) to $92.4m (£65m).
The media services giant, owner of advertising agencies BBDO Worldwide and TBWA\ and the Porter Novelli PR brand, recorded an increase in worldwide revenue of 8%. It grew from $1.5bn (£1.06bn) for the quarter ending September 30 last year to $1.6bn (£1.13bn) for the same period this year.
In the US, revenue increased by more than that -- it was up 16% to $339m (£239m).
Omnicom, headed by president and CEO John Wren, benefited from the timely sale of its stake in new-media consultancy Razorfish. It sold the company and made an after-tax gain of $63.8m (£44.9m). Razorfish has since closed offices in Europe and is struggling with losses.
The group said earnings per share increased by 4% to $0.50 (35p), up from $0.48 (34p) last year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London