PizzaExpress launches debut ad campaign
LONDON - Upmarket pizza restaurant chain PizzaExpress is to launch a £1m advertising campaign, the brand's first, to raise its profile and to help offset tough market conditions.
The campaign breaks on November 1 and runs across national press, roadside posters and cross-track sites on the London Underground in four bursts. The company is considering supporting the campaign with radio spots on Jazz FM, Heart FM and Magic.
The campaign, created by Manchester agency BDH\TBWA, will focus on the fact that PizzaExpress, founded in 1965, has always relied on word of mouth to promote the brand. It will feature pictures of the Sixties, Seventies, Eighties and Nineties, which will carry the strapline "PizzaExpress -- word of mouth since 1965".
PizzaExpress chairman David Page said, "We had a great set of full-year results and now we want to ensure that our business continues to grow as economic conditions tighten. The best way for us to do this is to remind people that it's satisfied customers that have been our best marketing tool in the past."
The campaign uses pictures by photographer and filmmaker David Steward, who has worked on campaigns for Heal's, American Express and John Lewis.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London