NetRatings buys Jupiter
Media Metrix for $71.2m
LONDON - NetRatings, the internet research firm owned by Dutch publisher VNU, is to buy rival firm Jupiter Media Metrix for $71.2m (£49.8m), in a deal that will double its client base.
Net Ratings is paying just a fraction of the $414m (£290m) Media Metrix paid for Jupiter Communications when it bought it in June 2000. However, the price tag represents a 200% premium on the firm.
Dave Toth, NetRatings chief executive, said, "By acquiring Jupiter Media Metrix and eRatings, we are taking two giant strides toward realising the vision we have had since the beginning to build a premier internet research and measurement company."
VNU acquired NetRatings when it bought market research giant ACNielsen earlier this year for £1.5bn.
The Jupiter deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London