NetRatings buys Jupiter
Media Metrix for $71.2m
LONDON - NetRatings, the internet research firm owned by Dutch publisher VNU, is to buy rival firm Jupiter Media Metrix for $71.2m (£49.8m), in a deal that will double its client base.
Net Ratings is paying just a fraction of the $414m (£290m) Media Metrix paid for Jupiter Communications when it bought it in June 2000. However, the price tag represents a 200% premium on the firm.
Dave Toth, NetRatings chief executive, said, "By acquiring Jupiter Media Metrix and eRatings, we are taking two giant strides toward realising the vision we have had since the beginning to build a premier internet research and measurement company."
VNU acquired NetRatings when it bought market research giant ACNielsen earlier this year for £1.5bn.
The Jupiter deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 per annum, South West
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, London
- Digital Project Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + £32,000 - £40,000, Brentwood