NetRatings buys Jupiter
Media Metrix for $71.2m
LONDON - NetRatings, the internet research firm owned by Dutch publisher VNU, is to buy rival firm Jupiter Media Metrix for $71.2m (£49.8m), in a deal that will double its client base.
Net Ratings is paying just a fraction of the $414m (£290m) Media Metrix paid for Jupiter Communications when it bought it in June 2000. However, the price tag represents a 200% premium on the firm.
Dave Toth, NetRatings chief executive, said, "By acquiring Jupiter Media Metrix and eRatings, we are taking two giant strides toward realising the vision we have had since the beginning to build a premier internet research and measurement company."
VNU acquired NetRatings when it bought market research giant ACNielsen earlier this year for £1.5bn.
The Jupiter deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London