NetRatings buys Jupiter
Media Metrix for $71.2m
LONDON - NetRatings, the internet research firm owned by Dutch publisher VNU, is to buy rival firm Jupiter Media Metrix for $71.2m (£49.8m), in a deal that will double its client base.
Net Ratings is paying just a fraction of the $414m (£290m) Media Metrix paid for Jupiter Communications when it bought it in June 2000. However, the price tag represents a 200% premium on the firm.
Dave Toth, NetRatings chief executive, said, "By acquiring Jupiter Media Metrix and eRatings, we are taking two giant strides toward realising the vision we have had since the beginning to build a premier internet research and measurement company."
VNU acquired NetRatings when it bought market research giant ACNielsen earlier this year for £1.5bn.
The Jupiter deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham