First profits for ebookers but
losses predicted for next quarter
LONDON - ebookers, the online travel agent, has posted its first-ever profit, but the good news looks likely to be short-lived, as the company says it expects to see a loss in the last quarter of the year.
The company reported a profit of £222,000 for the third quarter of the year compared with a loss of £6.2m for the same period last year.
However, ebookers has warned that costs in the fourth quarter, including operations in India, will mean an Ebidta loss in that quarter. It has said that once these investments are made, substantial cost savings will be delivered.
Up until September 11, when the terrorist attacks in the US took place, ebookers had been enjoying its strongest sales to date.
In the last couple of months, the company has announced substantial job cuts, with up to 20% of its workforce cut as it seeks to reduce costs.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire