News Corp marketing chief joins
Hollywood talent agency
NEW YORK - Roger Fishman, the former News Corporation marketing chief, has joined Hollywood talent agency Creative Artists Agency, which represents stars such as Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck and Gwyneth Paltrow.
Fishman, who was executive vice-president of worldwide marketing and a member of News Corp's executive committee from 1997 to 2000, will head CAA's consulting division. He will look at CAA's corporate clients and ways they can tie in with celebrity clients.
CAA president Richard Lovett said, "Roger shares our belief that entertainment has far more to offer consumer and technology brands than traditional product placement and sponsorship opportunities."
CAA runs its corporate consulting practice in partnership with Shepardson Stern + Kaminsky, a New York-based PR and marketing firm. Clients handled jointly have included Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Yahoo! Entertainment, Dell and TiVo.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire