'Gail Porter's bottom' guerrilla agency merges with PR shop
LONDON - The company that projected Gail Porter's bare buttocks on Big Ben has merged with the PR agency that launched twisted Levi's in the UK.
Cunning Stunts, which describes itself as a "non-traditional marketing company", along with its sister company S.Punk PR will now be known as Cunning Stunts Communications. The company sprang to fame in 1999 after the Gail Porter projection stunt to promote FHM magazine scored widespread coverage in the media.
S.Punk was initially set up to provide PR support to the events organised by the guerilla marketing company if the client required extra media relations, but its services were sold independently of Cunning Stunts.
Anna Carloss, Cunning Stunts founder and managing director, said that the change was a "natural step".
"We thought it would make sense to say we're all part of the same team. Also, some PR companies' media relations aren't as hot as they might be and we've become very good at PR for stunts," she said.
S.Punk recently took on two new staff and the total number of people working at the merged company is now 15.
The agencies were retained by BMW for the launch of the new Mini last year, with stunts such as 45,000 hand-written notes left under windscreens in cars, and "holiday snaps" that looked as if they'd accidentally been left around bars, encouraging people to call a freephone number.
Cunning Stunts is also retained by computer games publisher Infogrames.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham