'Gail Porter's bottom' guerrilla agency merges with PR shop
LONDON - The company that projected Gail Porter's bare buttocks on Big Ben has merged with the PR agency that launched twisted Levi's in the UK.
Cunning Stunts, which describes itself as a "non-traditional marketing company", along with its sister company S.Punk PR will now be known as Cunning Stunts Communications. The company sprang to fame in 1999 after the Gail Porter projection stunt to promote FHM magazine scored widespread coverage in the media.
S.Punk was initially set up to provide PR support to the events organised by the guerilla marketing company if the client required extra media relations, but its services were sold independently of Cunning Stunts.
Anna Carloss, Cunning Stunts founder and managing director, said that the change was a "natural step".
"We thought it would make sense to say we're all part of the same team. Also, some PR companies' media relations aren't as hot as they might be and we've become very good at PR for stunts," she said.
S.Punk recently took on two new staff and the total number of people working at the merged company is now 15.
The agencies were retained by BMW for the launch of the new Mini last year, with stunts such as 45,000 hand-written notes left under windscreens in cars, and "holiday snaps" that looked as if they'd accidentally been left around bars, encouraging people to call a freephone number.
Cunning Stunts is also retained by computer games publisher Infogrames.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London