PepsiCo launches lemon cola
with light-hearted ad campaign
NEW YORK - PepsiCo is launching Pepsi Twist, a lemon-flavoured variety of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands, with a light-hearted advertising campaign aimed at lifting spirits in the US.
The campaign, by Omnicom-owned BBDO New York, features actress Halle Berry, actor Barry Bostwick who plays the mayor in sitcom Spin City, and long-time Pepsi ad character Hallie Kate Eisenberg.
The product launches in the US this month and is the company's first new product launch and ad work since the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11.
The new launch is believed to be part of a plan to help stem the fizzy drink sector's eroding market share. Cola products are said to be losing out to other drinks such as Snapple, as consumers get more adventurous.
The launch of the Pepsi Twist comes on the heels of Coca Cola's diet Coke with Lemon, which it is advertising through a print and billboard campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)