PepsiCo launches lemon cola
with light-hearted ad campaign
NEW YORK - PepsiCo is launching Pepsi Twist, a lemon-flavoured variety of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands, with a light-hearted advertising campaign aimed at lifting spirits in the US.
The campaign, by Omnicom-owned BBDO New York, features actress Halle Berry, actor Barry Bostwick who plays the mayor in sitcom Spin City, and long-time Pepsi ad character Hallie Kate Eisenberg.
The product launches in the US this month and is the company's first new product launch and ad work since the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11.
The new launch is believed to be part of a plan to help stem the fizzy drink sector's eroding market share. Cola products are said to be losing out to other drinks such as Snapple, as consumers get more adventurous.
The launch of the Pepsi Twist comes on the heels of Coca Cola's diet Coke with Lemon, which it is advertising through a print and billboard campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London