PepsiCo launches lemon cola
with light-hearted ad campaign
NEW YORK - PepsiCo is launching Pepsi Twist, a lemon-flavoured variety of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands, with a light-hearted advertising campaign aimed at lifting spirits in the US.
The campaign, by Omnicom-owned BBDO New York, features actress Halle Berry, actor Barry Bostwick who plays the mayor in sitcom Spin City, and long-time Pepsi ad character Hallie Kate Eisenberg.
The product launches in the US this month and is the company's first new product launch and ad work since the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11.
The new launch is believed to be part of a plan to help stem the fizzy drink sector's eroding market share. Cola products are said to be losing out to other drinks such as Snapple, as consumers get more adventurous.
The launch of the Pepsi Twist comes on the heels of Coca Cola's diet Coke with Lemon, which it is advertising through a print and billboard campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Consumer Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + OUTSTANDING commission, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £32000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits & commission, London
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum + plus excellent benefits, Sleaford
- Project Manager - CRM Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, International/Europe
- Loyalty Rewards Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + bens, International/Europe