Mercedes-Benz appoints BBH as Asian regional agency
SINGAPORE - DaimlerChrysler has hired Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its entire advertising account for Mercedes-Benz in South-East Asia, after a month-long review.
The account covers Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Indonesia, and will be run out of BBH's Singapore office.
In June 2001, Mercedes-Benz moved its Thai ad account from BBDO to Lowe & Partners after a three-way pitch.
Peter Honegg, managing director of Mercedes-Benz, said: "We are looking forward to working with BBH. They showed strong understanding of Asian consumers in the region. We were impressed with BBH's strategic planning abilities and we are confident that they will be able to help us deepen our brand vitality as we mould the future together."
Chris Harris, outgoing CEO of BBH Asia Pacific, said: "Our strategic planning skills, on which we place as high a priority as our creativity, were what initially brought us together with Mercedes-Benz. It is a very exciting prospect to work with a client who is so committed to strategic rigour and consumer understanding."
Harris is set to return to London and is being replaced in Singapore by Ben Fennell, BBH's London-based group business director. Harris will take up a new position in the agency's UK office.
Harris, who worked in Singapore for four years, has been named president of international operations to ensure BBH's New York, Tokyo and Singapore offices properly coordinate efforts in servicing international clients.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire