Copithorne takes up global
CEO role at Porter Novelli
LONDON - Porter Novelli International, the Omnicom Group-owned PR network, has named David Copithorne as global CEO, six years after acquiring his Copithorne & Bellows Public Relations agency.
He will replace Bob Druckenmiller, who co-founded Porter Novelli in 1972, on January 1 2002. Druckenmiller will take on the role of chairman, filling the void created by the departure, in February, of London-based Peter Hehir.
The company, which owns Countrywide Porter Novelli in the UK, has also appointed a new global chief financial officer, Michael Gehb.
There has been discussion regarding changes in the senior Porter Novelli management structure for some time. This centred on speculation that the 59-year-old Druckenmiller was planning to leave the company. In July, chief operating officer Jeff Herskowitz departed. At that time, Druckenmiller said there would be no sudden changes before the end of the year.
Copithorne takes responsibility for leading Porter Novelli's international executive committee and overseeing the company's regional operations in North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
In the North America region, Porter Novelli also named general manager of the New York office Helen Ostrowski as president of Porter Novelli North America, and Gary Stockman, former head of West Coast operations, as the new chief operating officer. Julie Winskie, director of the company's global consumer practice, will replace Ostrowski as the New York general manager.
Porter Novelli is a top 10 international PR network, serving clients in 60 countries through 97 offices.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Salt £60000 - £86000 per annum + £5K C/A, Manchester
- Display Account Manager - Media Agency - London Norton Leigh up to 28k plus excellent benefits, Central London