Copithorne takes up global
CEO role at Porter Novelli
LONDON - Porter Novelli International, the Omnicom Group-owned PR network, has named David Copithorne as global CEO, six years after acquiring his Copithorne & Bellows Public Relations agency.
He will replace Bob Druckenmiller, who co-founded Porter Novelli in 1972, on January 1 2002. Druckenmiller will take on the role of chairman, filling the void created by the departure, in February, of London-based Peter Hehir.
The company, which owns Countrywide Porter Novelli in the UK, has also appointed a new global chief financial officer, Michael Gehb.
There has been discussion regarding changes in the senior Porter Novelli management structure for some time. This centred on speculation that the 59-year-old Druckenmiller was planning to leave the company. In July, chief operating officer Jeff Herskowitz departed. At that time, Druckenmiller said there would be no sudden changes before the end of the year.
Copithorne takes responsibility for leading Porter Novelli's international executive committee and overseeing the company's regional operations in North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
In the North America region, Porter Novelli also named general manager of the New York office Helen Ostrowski as president of Porter Novelli North America, and Gary Stockman, former head of West Coast operations, as the new chief operating officer. Julie Winskie, director of the company's global consumer practice, will replace Ostrowski as the New York general manager.
Porter Novelli is a top 10 international PR network, serving clients in 60 countries through 97 offices.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London
- Account Manager - Integrated (3 months) Stopgap £150 - £170 per day, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON