Eurotunnel reviews agency arrangements above and below the line
LONDON - Eurotunnel, the company that operates the Channel Tunnel, has begun a review of its above- and below-the-line agency arrangements.
The company currently retains Euro RSCG Direct as its lead agency, as well as support from smaller agencies such as marketing services shop Liquorice. Media buying is part of a separate contact and is handled by OMD.
Eurotunnel currently focuses on direct marketing as its main promotional tool, but has requested proposals from companies offering a full range of marketing services, including above the line, media planning and buying, direct marketing and events.
It says it will develop quarterly integrated campaigns throughout the year, and that the work will cover the UK and continental Europe.
In February, it appointed The Red Consultancy, part of the Incepta Group, to handle consumer PR. This arrangement will not be affected by the review.
The call for proposals closes on July 30, with Eurotunnel expected to draw up a shortlist of at least three agencies by September 1.
Eurotunnel has a concession to operate the Channel Tunnel until 2086. It also operates tourist and accompanied freight shuttle services between UK and France. The company has suffered as freight companies reduce the number of services they run, owing to the regular attempts by asylum seekers to use the tunnel as a route into the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London