WPP expands Asian PR network with Ogilvy acquisition
HONG KONG - WPP Group has continued to expand its Asian PR presence with the acquisition of Era Public Relations in Taiwan, which is to be merged with Ogilvy PR Worldwide.
The merger of Era and Ogilvy's Taipei offices will create the largest PR firm in Taiwan, with more than 100 people.
Era is a technology specialist PR firm and includes Hewlett-Packard and Dell among its clients. Ogilvy will hold a 70% stake in the newly enlarged agency.
Last month, Ogilvy PR took a 60% stake in the Chinese PR firm H-Line, to create the largest PR agency in China.
Matthew Anderson, president of Ogilvy PR Asia Pacific, said: "We are committed to strengthening specialist PR in Taiwan and linking Taiwan in constructive ways with other parts of China and the world."
He added: "We have built our network in Asia first by attracting top, locally rooted talent and second by fostering a culture that encourages collaboration and strong international links."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London