WPP expands Asian PR network with Ogilvy acquisition
HONG KONG - WPP Group has continued to expand its Asian PR presence with the acquisition of Era Public Relations in Taiwan, which is to be merged with Ogilvy PR Worldwide.
The merger of Era and Ogilvy's Taipei offices will create the largest PR firm in Taiwan, with more than 100 people.
Era is a technology specialist PR firm and includes Hewlett-Packard and Dell among its clients. Ogilvy will hold a 70% stake in the newly enlarged agency.
Last month, Ogilvy PR took a 60% stake in the Chinese PR firm H-Line, to create the largest PR agency in China.
Matthew Anderson, president of Ogilvy PR Asia Pacific, said: "We are committed to strengthening specialist PR in Taiwan and linking Taiwan in constructive ways with other parts of China and the world."
He added: "We have built our network in Asia first by attracting top, locally rooted talent and second by fostering a culture that encourages collaboration and strong international links."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London