Universal Music gives ITV a
£12m advertising boost
LONDON - Record company Universal Music has given ITV a much-needed advertising boost with the news that it is to spend £12m promoting artists, including S Club 7, in the run-up to Christmas.
ITV companies Carlton and Granada have suffered considerably as a result of the weakness in the advertising market. Granada has seen revenues fall by around 11% so far this year.
However, investment bank Merrill Lynch has revised its estimates upwards and says the slump will not be quite as bad as it first thought. It now predicts that in December ITV will be down 18% compared with its earlier estimate of 25%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London