Universal Music gives ITV a
£12m advertising boost
LONDON - Record company Universal Music has given ITV a much-needed advertising boost with the news that it is to spend £12m promoting artists, including S Club 7, in the run-up to Christmas.
ITV companies Carlton and Granada have suffered considerably as a result of the weakness in the advertising market. Granada has seen revenues fall by around 11% so far this year.
However, investment bank Merrill Lynch has revised its estimates upwards and says the slump will not be quite as bad as it first thought. It now predicts that in December ITV will be down 18% compared with its earlier estimate of 25%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London