Universal Music gives ITV a
£12m advertising boost
LONDON - Record company Universal Music has given ITV a much-needed advertising boost with the news that it is to spend £12m promoting artists, including S Club 7, in the run-up to Christmas.
ITV companies Carlton and Granada have suffered considerably as a result of the weakness in the advertising market. Granada has seen revenues fall by around 11% so far this year.
However, investment bank Merrill Lynch has revised its estimates upwards and says the slump will not be quite as bad as it first thought. It now predicts that in December ITV will be down 18% compared with its earlier estimate of 25%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London