Coke drops FCB after Pepsi court victory
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola has snubbed Foote, Cone and Belding, stripping it of two accounts after the Chicago based-agency was taken to court by PepsiCo, which had previously used it to handle its Aquafina bottled-water brand.
Coke has taken its Dasani bottled-water account from the agency, as well as Powerade.
Last week, PepsiCo successfully sought a ruling preventing account executives who previously worked on the Aquafina account from working on Coke's Dasani brand. Coke has now moved the account back to its previous agency, Berlin Cameron & Partners, a New York independent.
Powerade work has gone back to Wieden & Kennedy in Portland.
FCB lost the Pepsi work in September but replaced it with the two Coke brands in October, when the soft-drinks giant consolidated its roster, with the Interpublic Group of Companies and WPP Group picking up the majority of the work.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Planner - PPC - Leading Consumer Brand Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Client Services Manager - Leading Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London