Coke drops FCB after Pepsi court victory
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola has snubbed Foote, Cone and Belding, stripping it of two accounts after the Chicago based-agency was taken to court by PepsiCo, which had previously used it to handle its Aquafina bottled-water brand.
Coke has taken its Dasani bottled-water account from the agency, as well as Powerade.
Last week, PepsiCo successfully sought a ruling preventing account executives who previously worked on the Aquafina account from working on Coke's Dasani brand. Coke has now moved the account back to its previous agency, Berlin Cameron & Partners, a New York independent.
Powerade work has gone back to Wieden & Kennedy in Portland.
FCB lost the Pepsi work in September but replaced it with the two Coke brands in October, when the soft-drinks giant consolidated its roster, with the Interpublic Group of Companies and WPP Group picking up the majority of the work.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton