WPP lines up to save Worldpop
LONDON - Advertising giant WPP Group has emerged as one of 20 companies lining up to help rescue sinking music and media company Worldpop.
WPP is joined in the race to help save the company, founded by former Radio 1 DJ Peter Powell, by Music Choice Europe, World Entertainment News Network, Diageo and Clickmusic, as well as several venture capitalists, according to Nick Wood, joint administrator at accountancy firm Grant Thornton.
Wood said, "The company is continuing to trade and we hope to conclude a deal in the next couple of weeks."
As expected, Worldpop was placed under administration yesterday when it failed to raise further funding after ploughing its way through £13m since its launch in 1999.
According to earlier reports, the company only needs a £1m cash injection to secure its future.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London