PR firms lead shares on upward trend
LONDON - PR-dominated firms Chime Communications and Incepta led the media and marketing stocks in London today, as the sector reacted to takeover announcements and results.
Incepta, which owns Citigate Dewe Rogerson, shot up 15.1% to 49.5p on the news that it has acquired research and marketing consultancy Hauck Research Services for £12.5m. Chime, parent of Bell Pottinger, rose 5.7% to 139p.
WPP fell 1.6% to 709.5p, while Cordiant Communications continued this week's upward trend with a 5.6% rise to 114p.
Havas Advertising rose 3.6% to 9.53 in Paris, while rival French advertising group Publicis, listed on the New York Stock Exchange, was up 2.9% to $26.45.
The biggest mover of the day was McCann-Erickson parent Interpublic Group of Companies which soared 23.7% on the NYSE to $30, despite recording a 7.4% drop in third-quarter revenues, partly as a result of the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Copywriter - midweight to senior David Thatcher Recruitment £45-50k, London or Surrey
- Head of Art David Thatcher Recruitment £60-70k, Bristol
- Research Director - Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London