Omnicom names Turner marketing chief global president and CEO of OMD
LONDON - Omnicom Group has named Turner Broadcasting Sales marketing chief Joe Uva as worldwide president and CEO of OMD, the world's largest media-planning and buying agency.
Uva, who is currently president of sales and marketing for Turner Broadcasting Sales, a division of AOL Time Warner, takes over from Daryl Simm following his promotion to president and CEO of Omnicom Media Group. Uva will join OMD on January 1 2002.
All OMD operations will report directly to Uva, who will report to the OMD worldwide board of directors of which he will become a member.
John Wren, president and CEO of Omnicom, said, "Joe's appointment brings us the kind of dynamic, forward-thinking leadership and organisational ability that will drive the exceptional resources that exist in OMD to greater levels of client service and new business success around the world."
OMD is Omnicom's global media company, which provides media planning and buying for its media-only clients and those of Omnicom's three advertising networks: BBDO Worldwide, DDB Worldwide and TBWA\.
Uva said, "The opportunity for OMD to work in close partnership with the Omnicom agencies on shared clients will only enhance our respective performance for their brands. And for non-aligned clients, our agency DNA can only make us more receptive and responsive to their branding issues, as well as provide the most competitive media knowledge and conditions."
He leaves Turner after 17 years at the cable company. His move takes him back to the agency world where he began his working life. Prior to his career at Turner, Uva worked as a media planner and buyer for McCann-Erickson and Grey.
At Turner, Uva was responsible for all domestic sales and marketing for TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Cartoon Network, WTBS-TV Atlanta, Turner South, Turner Sports and all of their affiliated websites. He also oversees all promotional licensing and integrated marketing for the company.
Jamie Kellner, chairman and CEO Turner Broadcasting System, said, "Joe is an immensely talented executive who has played a key role in Turner Broadcasting's tremendous success over the past 17 years."
Uva is succeeded at Turner by veteran Turner executive Mark Lazarus who has been named president of Turner Entertainment Group Sales and Marketing for Turner Broadcasting Sales effective immediately. He will continue to report to Jamie Kellner, chairman and chief executive officer of Turner Broadcasting System.
Lazarus was previously president of Turner Sports a position that he held since November 1999.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London