PR new business referrals up
despite the slowdown
LONDON - Public relations body, the Public Relations Consultants Association, has recorded a 10% rise in new business it refers to PR firms this year, despite the economic downturn and world events.
The PRCA referral system, PReview, has had 462 enquiries to date. Of these, 10% have been converted to business for the PRCA's member consultancies -- an increase of 10% on last year.
Fees for the 44 wins total almost £3m, with the largest number, 69%, going to London-based agencies.
Clients using the services have included Safeway, Kiss FM and Discover Networks.
Dr Tom Watson, chairman of the PRCA, said, "We've seen business wins for members increase rapidly since the service became free in 2000. The PRCA recognises the problems of the market place and has been working very hard on promoting this service."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London