Britvic launches campaign for
adult-targeted soft drink
LONDON - Britvic is launching a Japanese-themed cinema advertising campaign for its adult-targeted soft drink brand Ame, as part of its ongoing 18-month, £2m brand awareness work.
The campaign, created by Barrett Cernis, depicts a geisha girl standing in an authentic Japanese garden. She is being cleansed by light rain, which is washing away all the geisha make-up to reveal a modern woman underneath.
The 60-second films were inspired by the drink's Japanese name, which means "gentle rain". The drink is targeted at women in the 25-plus market.
The campaign will run in conjunction with America's Sweethearts, the film starring Hollywood actors Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta Jones, at cinemas across London and the South throughout November and December.
The cinema ads will be followed up by a press campaign in December and January. The press campaign will be an extension of the brand's summer press campaign, which ran in the women's and food and drink press.
Barrett Cernis took on the Ame account a year ago. Britvic acquired Ame in July 2000 when it bought Orchid Drinks, which also includes Aqua Libra and Purdey's.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA