Incepta bolsters online marketing
with Tangozebra acquisition
LONDON - Incepta, the marketing services group, has acquired the online marketing firm Tangozebra for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of Tangozebra will add a digital marketing capacity to the Incepta Online business and help the group's traditional agencies to benefit from the opportunities that reside in the digital sector.
It is the latest in a string of recent acquisitions for the marketing services group. Last week, it acquired Hauck Research Services, a research and marketing consultancy, for £12.5m. In September, it bought sponsorship companies Karen Earl Limited and Redmandarin in deals that could cost up to £10.2m combined.
Phil Eames of Incepta Online said, "I am delighted to welcome Tangozebra to the group. Tangozebra represents one of the industry leaders in this market and I look forward to working with it to explore opportunities in the integration of offline/online marketing to all our client base."
Tangozebra will continue to operate as a standalone brand within Incepta, working with other digital companies within the group, including JKD, Citigate Hudson and Citigate Marchcom. The phonetic-alphabet-named firm includes HSBC, BT, MBNA and Cisco among its clients.
Tangozebra's James Booth said, "I am very pleased by this new opportunity and look forward to how it will significantly improve our ability to deliver Tangozebra's services to all our clients."
Incepta recently reported an increase in first-half profits, but warned that it will be hard hit in the full year by the effects of September 11.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham