PC will win 'platform wars'
says Yahoo! chief
LONDON - The personal computer will be the top medium for accessing the internet in 10 years' time, according to Yahoo!'s UK managing director.
In the penultimate speech at today's Marketing Society Conference, Martina King, managing director of Yahoo UK and Ireland, predicted that the "modern" PC would be the main channel for access to the internet in 2010.
King suggested that the PC would be ahead of TV in second place, with mobile phones coming in third. With access "always on", the internet would also take over as the bedrock of a typical 2010 media schedule, King said.
With a nod to her UK audience, King also predicted that London would have enhanced its place as the creative centre for global campaigns.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London