PC will win 'platform wars'
says Yahoo! chief
LONDON - The personal computer will be the top medium for accessing the internet in 10 years' time, according to Yahoo!'s UK managing director.
In the penultimate speech at today's Marketing Society Conference, Martina King, managing director of Yahoo UK and Ireland, predicted that the "modern" PC would be the main channel for access to the internet in 2010.
King suggested that the PC would be ahead of TV in second place, with mobile phones coming in third. With access "always on", the internet would also take over as the bedrock of a typical 2010 media schedule, King said.
With a nod to her UK audience, King also predicted that London would have enhanced its place as the creative centre for global campaigns.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London