365 to form joint venture with Chrysalis
LONDON - 365 Corporation, the struggling internet and telecoms business, is to merge its online activities with those of media group Chrysalis.
The media companies plan to transfer their internet content business into a new company, which will then run sites such as Football365 and Rivals.net, currently owned by Chrysalis.
The deal will create Europe's biggest digital sports company, and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
The new company will have operating funds of £2m -- enough to support it for the next 18 months, according to a statement released by 365 Corp. It will also have a sum of £250,000 available for acquisitions.
Chrysalis has suffered heavy losses with its internet investments, despite the popularity of sites such as Rivals.net, which is the number one sports website in the UK.
The move on the part of 365 Corp follows the closure of a number of its online properties earlier this year, including Music365, as it concentrates on its telecoms operation and Eckohtech.
Ekohtech comprises two businesses, one providing premium-rate phone services and the other is its voice portal Eckoh.
Earlier this month, 365 Corp signed a deal to partner with Virgin Mobile to provide its 1.25m customers with voice-activated information, entertainment and commerce services using Eckoh, which allows users to access number of content services by phone.
The new company will also include 365 Corp's sites Planet Rugby, Cricket 365 and Planet-F1.
Martin Turner, CEO of 365 Corp, said: "Following the completion of this transaction, we will continue to focus our efforts on developing our telecommunication assets and technology."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London