McCann-Erickson parts with £213m Reckitt Benckiser account
LONDON - McCann-Erickson Worldwide is to resign the £213m Reckitt Benckiser account as a result of client conflict emerging within its parent, the Interpublic Group of Companies.
Interpublic acquired True North, which owns FCB Worldwide, during the summer. FCB Worldwide handles Reckitt Benckiser rival SC Johnson's worldwide business.
McCann handled Reckitt brands such as Spray n' Wash, Mop & Glo, Old English, d-Con and Lysol, while FCB handles SC Johnson's Shout, Brite Pledge, Raid and Fantastik. The SC Johnson account is also believed to be worth around £213m.
Following its appointment to the business in July 2000, McCann set up a dedicated London-based unit close to the client's headquarters, which coordinated the work of 22 agency offices.
It is unclear what will happen to staff at McCann who were employed on the Reckitt Beckiser account.
Reckitt Benckiser has not yet indicated whether it will hold a review for the work or move to another agency without a review.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London