McCann-Erickson parts with £213m Reckitt Benckiser account
LONDON - McCann-Erickson Worldwide is to resign the £213m Reckitt Benckiser account as a result of client conflict emerging within its parent, the Interpublic Group of Companies.
Interpublic acquired True North, which owns FCB Worldwide, during the summer. FCB Worldwide handles Reckitt Benckiser rival SC Johnson's worldwide business.
McCann handled Reckitt brands such as Spray n' Wash, Mop & Glo, Old English, d-Con and Lysol, while FCB handles SC Johnson's Shout, Brite Pledge, Raid and Fantastik. The SC Johnson account is also believed to be worth around £213m.
Following its appointment to the business in July 2000, McCann set up a dedicated London-based unit close to the client's headquarters, which coordinated the work of 22 agency offices.
It is unclear what will happen to staff at McCann who were employed on the Reckitt Beckiser account.
Reckitt Benckiser has not yet indicated whether it will hold a review for the work or move to another agency without a review.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London