Royal Mail launches viral marketing game
LONDON - Royal Mail has launched an interactive viral marketing campaign in an attempt to raise awareness of the issue of insufficient postage on international mail.
The campaign, which runs until December 14, involves a game called Get It Sorted, which will be hosted on the Royal Mail's website.
The game, developed by Proximity London, is based in a virtual sorting office where players act out sorting international mail and are given virtual mince pies for bonus points. A prize of a holiday in Australia is being offered.
The game aims to encourage mail senders to check the weight of the parcel or letter they are sending, rather than guessing it.
The other aim of the game is to grow Royal Mail's customer database, which was born out of responders to its EasyWeigh direct marketing campaign launched last year.
Royal Mail hopes to be able to pinpoint the key countries where underpaid mail is sent, as well as growing its customer database to help it provide more targeted delivery of underpayment messages.
Mike Hilder, Royal Mail head of marketing communications for international and SME services, said: "This viral game is a unique way of exploiting our consumer database of international mail users and forms part of a wider offline PR and marketing campaign with the objective of reducing the incidence of underpayment on international mail."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London